To search, enter search terms in the box and click the arrow or press Enter.
- Results that most closely match are listed first as the most relevant. Sort by Title or Date when preferred.
- The more often the search terms occur in an item's record, the more relevant that item is to the search.
- The most current item in each section of relevancy will be listed at the top.
- Use the item icons to quickly determine the format of the results.
When searching for a one word title, include a part of the author's name or a word describing the subject of the book to retrieve better results.
Search Results Page
- Results display from records throughout the catalog - books, videos, music, programs, articles and more.
- If you want to search specifically for articles, click the Articles link at the top, left corner of the page.
- Your original search terms appear in the search box. All facets associated with the serach appear on the left side of the results. Click on one or more facets to refine the results. Click the [x] to remove search limits.
- The title is a link to see the full bibliographic record.
- The location shows us the most likely place to find an item, and its call number. (Available means the item is most likely going to be found on the shelf.)
- Options include: Request It (requires a library card), Add to Cart (for printing/e-mailing/saving), and Add a Tag (requires a library card).
Each refining facet displays the number of items that will display on your search results page related to that facet.
- Availability: Show items that are available for checkout.
- Format: Use the Format refining options to select books, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Collection: Choose materials for children, teens, adults
- Locations: See what is available at a specific library
- Language: Limit the search results to a specific language
- Tag: Community tags associated with the keywords
- Publish Date: Refine results to year of printing
If a facet has a minus sign [-] next to it, click it to get the list. If there are more than 5 facets in a given category, click the word [more>] at the bottom of the list to get the full listing.
My Book Cart
My Book Cart
lets you create a temporary list of items. From My Book Cart
you can select all titles or individual ones to email, to export as a list, or to save the items to My Lists when you are logged in.
Use My Lists to make a wish list of items you would like to read, or perhaps a reading list to share with friends.
Your My List is linked to your record and is only accessible when you login to your account with your library barcode and PIN.
How to create a new My List:
- While browsing the catalog, click the Add to Cart button on any item that you are interested in.
- When you have finished adding items, click the My Book Cart link in the top right corner of the webpage.
- From this screen you may choose to request the items, save to a list or email the list to yourself.
- If you wish to request items or save them to a list, you must log in to your library account. Email does not require a log in.
- Once logged into your account, you will be prompted to add your items to an existing list or you may click the link "Save to New List" to create a new list.
- New lists need a name. Descriptions are optional. Click Save.
- To view or use your lists, click the My Account link in the top right corner of the webpage.
In Encore, you can keep a reading history of books that you’ve borrowed by logging into your account and opting in to keep a list of items you’ve borrowed. You can opt out at any time. Library staff do not have an option to view lists of items you have returned.
Using My Account, you can place holds, view and renew your checked-out items, view or cancel items on hold, change your e-mail address or PIN, view and pay unpaid fines, view program registrations and more.
To Log in to your account:
- Click the Login link in the upper right corner of the main screen.
- Enter the 14 digit barcode displayed on the back of your library card.
- Type in your PIN
- Click [Submit].
- Any alerts will display in the top corner as an exclamation point icon.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you logout (top right corner of the page) before closing your session. This will keep your information secure.
For additional help.
Placing Holds on Items
To place a Hold for an item:
- Locate the item in the catalog (be sure you locate the correct material type – book, DVD, audio).
- Click the Request It link. (If you are not already logged in to your account you will be prompted to do so at this point.)
- Confirm the location to which it will be delivered.
You will be notified when your item is available to pick up. If you request email notification, you will receive an email when the item is ready, as well as courtesy notices two days before your items are due.